Harmonium Course – Level 3:
June 29 – July 6, 2019
The Kirtan Academy is guided by renowned Kirtan Maestro, Sri Vaiyasaki Prabhu.
You will learn from his lifelong experience of chanting Mantra Kirtans. He studied in India and Bangladesh from traditional masters, who have long since left this world. Today there are no living masters at the same level of those past masters.
Through this unique 7 day retreat and kirtan training, you will be able to gain the same knowledge and techniques that Vaiyasaki Das learned directly from the masters. You will receive all that you need to become a living kirtan instrument to perpetuate our wonderful kirtan legacy into the future.
KIRTAN RETREAT LEVEL 3:
– This advanced course will train you to be a kirtan teacher so you can teach other people how to lead kirtan. The course will also establish you as an accomplished kirtan singer.
– All the training is done aurally. I will teach you how to sing, play, and notate new melodies simply by hearing them. This is the sravanam kirtanam method taught for centuries in India.
– The importance of being able to reproduce any melody simply by hearing it is fundamental. It means you will no longer need an instructor to teach you how to play because you will know how to capture any melody, sing it and play it on harmonium, simply by listening carefully.
– In this course we will also learn a new group of ragas which are more difficult than the previous ragas that were taught, but the melodies are absolutely gorgeous.
– We will also teach ragas that only use certain notes going up and other notes going down. Therefore, the direction of the melody determines which notes are sung.
– These are wonderful variations which make these ragas stand out from what we are used to hearing normally.
– We will also teach new pentatonic ragas that have a unique sound.
– Plus, learn two more popular bhajan songs.
– We will continue our study of yogic breathing to get the sweetest vocal tone for singing.
– Learn how to improve your harmonium style by using more complicated alankars.
– More theory of the kirtan culture and tradition of Bengal.
– Individual tutoring one-on-one to correct errors and improve your singing and harmonium playing.
– A group kirtan in the lavender fields during the famous Lavender Festival.
– A mantra meditation intensive session to chant mantras purely as a meditation.
– Lots of practice time.
After this Advanced Training you will be able to capture a melody by hearing it, just like an expert chef can reproduce any dish by another cook simply by tasting it.
One should already have completed the Introductory Level 1 kirtan course and the Intermediate Level 2 course.
If you feel yo uare ready for the advanced course without doing Levels 1 & 2, please message me: firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you feel qualified to skip over the other levels.
SPECIAL 10% Earlybird discount before May 31: Pay only €670 and save €75!
All payments quoted in Euros.
Tuition, Accommodation, and 3 Meals/day for entire 1 week training.
Each student may bring their family to share the room and meals at no extra charge!
10 seats available for this retreat to ensure personal one-on-one training.
Book now to avoid disappointment later.
Credit Card / PayPal:
Click HERE to pay US$765.00 (€670.00) for Level 3 Harmonium course with PayPal.
You can make a bank transfer of €670.00 to this bank account:
International Bank account number (IBAN): ES66 2100 8779 82 2200023828
Holder of the account: A.C.K. (Asociación Conciencia de Krishna) – Spain
ALL PAYMENTS INCLUDE ROOM, MEALS, AND COURSES FOR 7 DAYS