THE RASA OF KIRTAN – Level 2:
July 28 – August 3, 2019
The Kirtan Academy is guided by renowned Kirtan Maestro, Sri Vaiyasaki Prabhu.
You will be able to assimilate his lifelong experience of chanting Mantra Kirtans. He studied in India and Bangladesh from traditional masters, who have long since left this world. Today there are no living masters at the same level of those past masters.
Through this unique 7 day retreat and kirtan training, you will be able to gain the same knowledge and techniques that Vaiyasaki Das learned directly from the masters. You will receive all that you need to become a living kirtan instrument to perpetuate our wonderful kirtan legacy into the future.
KIRTAN RETREAT LEVEL 2:
– This intermediate course takes the next step to leading great kirtans.
– Instead of learning melodies from sight, we teach how to learn kirtan melodies just by hearing.
This is called sravanam kirtanam in Sanskrit.
– We teach the importance of being able to reproduce any melody simply by hearing it.
– In this course we will also learn a new group of ragas where the notes change depending on whether a melody is going up or down.
– We will also teach ragas that only use all the notes if the melody is coming down, but skips a note if the melody is going up.
– These are wonderful variations which make these ragas stand out from what we are used to hearing normally.
– We will also teach new pentatonic ragas that have a unique sound.
– Plus, learn two more popular bhajan songs
– We will continue our study of yogic breathing to get the sweetest vocal tone for singing
– Learn how to improve your harmonium style by using alankars
– More theory of the kirtan culture and tradition
– Individual tutoring one-on-one
– Kirtan in the lavender fields during the famous Lavender Festival
– A mantra meditation intensive session to chant purely as a meditation
– Lots of practice time
After this Intermediate Training you will be able to capture a melody by hearing it, just like an expert chef can reproduce any dish by another cook simply by tasting it.
One should already have completed the Introductory Level 1 kirtan course.
If you feel qualified for the Level 2 course, without doing Level 1, please message me: firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you feel qualified to skip Level 1.
SPECIAL 10% Earlybird discount before May 31: Pay only €670 and save €75!
All payments quoted in Euros.
Tuition, Accommodation, and 3 Meals/day for entire 1 week training.
Each student may bring their family to share the room and meals at no extra charge.
10 seats available for this retreat to ensure personal one-on-one training.
Book now to avoid disappointment later.
Credit Card / PayPal:
Click HERE to pay 670 Euros directly with PayPal for the Level 2 Harmonium course.
You can make a bank transfer to this bank account:
International Bank account number (IBAN): ES66 2100 8779 82 2200023828
Holder of the account: A.C.K. (Asociación Conciencia de Krishna) – Spain
ALL PAYMENTS INCLUDE ROOM, MEALS, AND COURSES FOR 7 DAYS