MRIDANGA COURSE – Levels 1, 2, & 3:
July 20th – 26th, 2019
A special 7 day mridanga retreat for both new and advanced players, taught by Deva Dharma Das, a superb teacher with worldwide experience. Whatever your level of skill, you will be trained to the next level.
Students will have access to the essence of his deep experience in playing drums for different styles of Kirtan.
Deva Dharma grew up in a family of kirtaniyas. He was always involved in Kirtan and studied mridanga at an early age from traditional masters in the sacred places of Vrindavan and Mayapur. Many of those masters no longer teach. Deva Dharma is one of the few mridanga teachers still living who was trained by those past masters.
Through this unique training, students will be able to acquire the same expertise and techniques that Deva Dharma learned directly from the masters. You will receive all the training you need to become a living mridanga instrument to add rhythm and excitement to perpetuate our wonderful kirtan legacy into the future.
Deva Dharma Das
- Born in a Bengali kirtan family in India
- Trained in traditional mridanga at a young age by master drummers
- Has 15 years of teaching experience
- Has taught all around India and Europe
- He can also teach online thru WhatsApp or Skype
- Resides in Sri Mayapur, where he plays drums and leads kirtan as part of the 24 hour kirtan mandali
- Has also played for famous kirtan leaders like Vaiyasaki Prabhu, Lokanath Swami, and many others.
The mridanga retreat includes the following:
– Levels 1, 2 & 3 will be taught according to the capacity and skill of each individual player.
– essential bols, matras, and tals for accompanying various styles of kirtan
– how to play with the wrists, not the arms, so you can easily play for hours
– hasta sadhana to develop strong wrists for endurance in long kirtans
– appropriate and inappropriate drum beats for supporting kirtan
– learn many authentic Gaudiya tals: das pahira, kempta, kaharba, ektal, laufa, dadra, and more!
– how to play the kartals (hand cymbals)
– theory and tradition of Kirtan Culture
– individual tutoring one-on-one
– lots of practice time
– evening kirtan in the temple
– perform kirtan in the lavender fields during the Lavender Festival
SPECIAL 10% discount: Pay only €495 (pay before May 31 to save €55!)
Tuition, Accommodation, and all Meals for 1 week training is included.
All payments quoted in Euros.
Still 7 seats available for the retreat. Book now to avoid disappointment later.
Credit Card / Paypal:
Click HERE to pay €495 directly with PayPal for Level 1 Mridanga course
You can make a bank transfer to this bank account:
International Bank account number (IBAN): ES66 2100 8779 82 2200023828
Holder of the account: A.C.K. (Asociación Conciencia de Krishna) – Spain
ALL PAYMENTS INCLUDE ROOM, MEALS, AND COURSES FOR ONE WEEK